REGISTRATION RULES AND PUBLICATION INFORMATION
Each full registration allows access to the entire scientific and social program of the conference, including the possibility of presenting one or two communications (oral and/or poster). Student registration grants access to the entire scientific and social program of the conference, and the possibility of one communication (oral or poster).
In a first approach, articles with a maximum of 8 pages will be evaluated and accepted, with a view to their inclusion in the journal Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering (LNME), after double or triple peer review. Regarding the subject and quality of the paper, Authors will be invited to submit an extended version with a view to a specific journal. The delivery of the extended version is not mandatory, but is recommended. It should be noted that similarity between the short version and extended version cannot be higher than 10%. The journal associated to the FAIM 2023 are as follows:
- International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing (Taylor and Francis)
- Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science (SAGE)
- Journal of Testing and Evaluation (ASME)
- Sustainability (MDPI) (Open Access)
- Machines (MDPI) (Open Access w/ APC discount) (20 papers with 50% Waive of APC)
- Actuators (MDPI) (Open Access w/ APC discount) (10 Waives of APC for selected papers)
- Systems (MDPI) (Open Access)
- Metals (MDPI) (Open Access)
- FME Transactions (University of Belgrade, Serbia) (Open Access, free of charge)
- Journal of Innovation Management
- Technological Sustainability (Emerald)
Authors also can skip this step, submitting directly their full-paper to the Fast-Track system (IJAMT and RCIM). In this case, if their paper does not get the corresponding approval through peer-reviewing process, Authors will be invited to present a short version (8-page) to be peer-reviewed again and included on LNME. The journals associated in Fast-Track system are as follows:
- Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing (Elsevier)
- International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (Springer)
All journals are SCOPUS indexed and the first nine are also indexed by Clarivate Analytics. Some of them are Open Access, but Sustainability, Machines, Actuators, Systems, Metals and Sustainability may require Article Processing Charge. Other journal will be contacted, such as Journal of Manufacturing Processes (Elsevier), Materials (MDPI), etc.
Student registration is subject to the submission of a valid student ID.
Non-presenting authors, as well as non-authors who want to participate in the Conference, must register too.
Accompanying persons are expected to be interested only in social events: welcome dinner, Douro river cruise, Porto downtown bus ride, and gala dinner. They need to register, too.
Industrial tours are subject to a fee, as they involve travel by bus, and only be available if a minimum of 15 people are pre-registered for each company (Companies will be announced later, but before registration).
The participation fee will be fully refunded if the conference is canceled by the organizers, with no further liability to the client. Registrations remain valid if the conference has to be postponed.