Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States to attend a scientific or educational conference must first obtain a Visitor Visa. Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (visa category B-1), for tourism (visa category B-2), or for a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).

There are 39 countries that participate in the Visa Waiver Program and some countries where Travel Without a Visa is permitted. If your country is on this list, and you are traveling to the United States for tourism or business for 90 days or less with a valid passport that meets U.S. requirements, and the listed conditions do not apply to you, you do NOT need a visa. 

If necessary for visa issuing purposes, the FAIM2022 Organising committee can provide an invitation letter upon acceptance of the paper manuscript and payment of fees as appropriate. When registering via Conftool, please note on your registration if a Visa letter is needed.

For more information and steps to apply please visit: