FAIM 2022 Conference - Industry Day
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
8:30 AM-4:30 PM
Why FAIM 2022.
The World Economic Forum has recognized that Michigan has maintained the highest level of engineering talent post-recession relative to other states and, through recent collaborations, has consistently witnessed a shared engagement among manufacturers on matters of critical importance to future manufacturing leadership.
Michigan has an innovative spirit that defined the state’s manufacturing industry for decades. However, while numerous Michigan manufacturers have taken steps to adopt smart technologies on their factory floors, no one company, organization, or entity can single-handedly create an environment to ensure its future position as a global leader. Partnerships between academia and industry drive innovation. As technology increasingly disrupts existing industries and creates new products, services, and business models, FAIM 2022 is critical to bridging leading academic research with industry practitioners providing a place to support advanced manufacturing.
Take the first step in your company’s digital transformation and register for FAIM 2022 today!
- 8:30 AM-9:00 AM
- 9:00 AM-9:15 AM
Industry Day Chairs
- 9:15 AM-10:00 AM
Mario Santillo (Robotics Research Leader, Ford)
- 10:00 AM-10:30 AM
- 10:30 AM-11:30 PM
Two Talks 30-minutes, each.
- Angie Lafferty (General Manager of Engineering & Skilled Trades, TRQSS Inc.)
- Benjamin Messick (Director of Technology, ATCO Industries)
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
- 1:00 PM-2:30 PM
Three Talks 30-minutes, each.
- Tom Hoffman (Portfolio Development Executive and Director of Business, Siemens)
- Wendy Serra (Head of Advanced Manufacturing Services, Jacobs)
- Raymond W. Monroe (Joint Defense Manufacturing Technology Panelist, U.S. Department of Defense)
- 2:30 PM-3:00 PM
- 3:00 PM-3:45 PM
- FAIM: Realizing the Full Potential
- Moderator: Ratna Babu Chinnam (Chair & IndustryX Founding Director, Wayne State University)
- Mark Dolsen (President, TRQSS Inc.)
- Sam Phillips (Industry 4.0/5.0, & IoE Leader, Siemens Digital Industries Software)
- Lindsay Klee (Executive Director Office of Business Innovation, Wayne State University)
- Raymond Monroe (Joint Defense Manufacturing Technology Panelist, U.S. Department of Defense)
- 3:45 PM-4:30 PM